8 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 ½ tsp dry yeast
½ cup shortening
2 ¾ tsp salt
2 ¼ cups water
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
Optional: Add raisins and nuts
1) Combine and mix all the ingredients in bowl together. Place dough onto the counter (or mixer) and knead for 5-10 minutes until developed. The dough may be sticky at first, but after kneading for a couple minutes, it will be less sticky.
2) After mixing, place the dough in a lightly grease bowl covered. Let it rest for 1 hour in the bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
3) In the morning, turn the dough onto a flour counter top. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a rectangle evenly into a ¼ inch thick rectangle.
1) Combine brown sugar and cinnamon together, mix evenly.
2) Butter needs to be at room temperature. Spread the butter onto the surface of the rectangle then add the brown sugar and cinnamon mix over evenly.
3) Roll the dough over itself to form a log. Cut log into 12-16 pieces depending on the cinnamon roll size.
4) Place the cut pieces onto a line parchment paper tray. Make sure to leave ½ inch spaces between pieces.
5) Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes (or until golden on top) at 400 F.