Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar, Packed
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
3 cups soft red or white whole wheat flour
Makes 2 Dozen
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix butter with both sugars (Optional reduce sugars to ¾ cup for each) until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla, beating well to combine.
4. Keep mixing for 1 more minute and add chocolate chips and nuts (Optional). Mix until well combined.
5. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
6. Shape your cookies on prepared cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown on the edges.
Approximately 9 minutes.
7. Let them cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes and enjoy!